- Description: Employment Placement & Jobber
- Reports to: Education and Employment Manager
Status: Part Time, Exempt
Organization Background and Current Status: The Renaissance Collaborative, Inc. (TRC) is an award-winning not-for-profit housing and supportive service agency serving the historical Bronzeville Community on Chicago’s mid-south side. TRC is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to promote a holistic agenda for low and moderate income participants of the near and mid-south sides of Chicago enabling them to rebuild their lives by providing comprehensive services and support. TRC is dedicated to providing innovative affordable housing and workforce environments that renew people and build healthier communities. The Renaissance Collaborative, Inc. is a twenty-five-year old non-profit organization. TRC combines housing, on-site supportive services and workforce primarily for the participants in its programs. It works in partnership with other community civic, economic and social service organizations to achieve its mission. The goals of TRC are to:Position Description: This Manager facilitates, coordinates and assists in TRC’s efforts to rebuild lives of low and moderate-income individuals and families, and support the organization’s mission and goals by helping them become economically self-sufficient. The Employment Placement/Jobber. Manager is a vital component to the Residential Operations Team and oversees all employment assessments and placements at Renaissance Apartments and in the greater community This Manager leads the areas’ community and corporation partnerships that enables and promotes accountability and self-sufficiency of participants through job placements. The Employment Placement & Jobber perform all employment assessments and test processes and procedures to ensure that participants are ready for job placement. Facilitates or ensure workshops occur around job readiness and retention. This Manager also must conform to the rules and policies of the agency, source information of best practices for the industry, help monitor and evaluate applicant’ progress, The Employment Placement & Jobber Manager will uphold and support the rules and regulations for all TRC tenants, participants, staff and property.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
Provide participants assessments and when applicable employment placements. Resident assessment resulting in non-employment eligibility will be assessed for other social/public benefits (50%)
Provide training and reporting requirements for all participants in workforce programs, including desk-clerks, janitors, and those that are temporary in Bronzeville Green Landscaping, (25%)
Document all participant encounters and progress within 48 hours of contact in file (10%)
Assist in developing and coordinating education workshops with participants (5%)
Maintain up to date activity records and complete end of the month paperwork as indicated in operation
As the Employment Placement & Jobber you are responsible for the following:
- Managementcomputers, copier, etc). Must be able to exert up to fifty pounds of force occasionally and/or
frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Physical demands are in excess of
sedentary work; position requires walking, standing, reaching, fingering, stooping, etc. Will lift no
more than forty pounds independently. Must possess a valid Illinois Driver’s License and have
access to an automobile to use during working hours.
Compensation• Commensurate with skills, ability and experience.
• The position is part-time, exempt with benefits.
- • Provide an environment that encourages the fullest development potential of all participants and residents desiring a better quality of life.
- • Design and deliver programs of wellness and economic development that address the social, physical and mental well being of participants and residents.
- A. Adhere to the mission and value statement of The Renaissance Collaborative, Inc.
- B. Develop goals and objectives consistent with organization commitments, goals, and objectives
- to funders
- C. Exercise sound cost control measures to ensure the financial soundness of the program area of
- D. Ensure the continuous flow of quality products and services to each participant
- E. Participate in the team’s effort in order to achieve maximum productivity of organization and
- support of residents and other workforce participants
- F. Develop and present programs to residents that ensure measureable outcomes that improve and
- strengthen their level of self-sufficiency
- G. Ensure timely reports needed to meet internal and external requirements.
- 2. Performance Outcomes and Accountability:
- A. Achieve or exceed program goals and objectives, set yearly
- B. Keep well informed of new developments and competitive practices in area of responsibility
- C. Maintain a record of each participant’s requirements and needs, and evaluate improvements in
- program area at time of evaluation (every 6 months)
- Education/Job Experience/Certification
- • Experience in job assessments, testing, coaching, and placements of participants with barriers
- homeless/ex-offenders, mental health, substance abusers, and/or the veteran population in
- employment opportunities
- • BS or Master degree in business or related field and/or comparable experience in providing
- support services to low and moderate income individuals.
- • Computer literate in use of various software and the Internet.
- • CADC a plus
- Special Knowledge and Qualifications
- • Must have excellent people skills, possess excellent communication skills – written and verbal,
- • Must be a team player able to work independently as well as in a group.
- • Must be innovative, resourceful, patient., and a strong sense of honor and integrity
- • Must possess an unwavering commitment to personal and professional integrity with a philosophy
- of quality workmanship.
- • Possess a passionate commitment for justice and respect for the dignity of all persons.
- • A strategic but detailed and oriented thinker with a sense of humor
- • Must have the ability to act in the capacity of a coach, mentor, facilitator, advisor, or a motivator.
- • Must be organized and manage time in an efficient manner
- • Must be able to operate a variety of automated office machines and other equipment (e.g.
- • Salary Range: Part-time/$23K
Staff Openings: The Renaissance Collaborative, Inc/TRC Sr. Village 1, NFP
Position Title: Volunteer Manager
Reports to: Resource Development-Communications Manager
Position Status: Part Time
The Renaissance Collaborative, Inc is a 25 year old social impact non-profit agency located in the Bronzeville community. Our work focus on providing supportive housing, employment and educational services and workforce development opportunities to former homeless, unemployed, returning citizens and seniors, including those youth. TRC's mission is to promote self-sufficiency for low and moderate income residents of Chicago that enables them to rebuild their lives by providing comprehensive services and support. Our goal is to develop innovative supportive housing environments that renew people and build healthier communities.
This position works in collaboration with the Resource Development-Communication Manager, the Senior Residential Development Manager, and the HR & Operations Manager. This position is part-time (20 hours or less). This manager is responsible for developing a recruiting ,support training, retention and recognition plans for the agency. The Volunteer Manager will ensure that each volunteer skill set, dignity, and needs to serve are met by proper matching or linking them to opportunities in the agency.
In collaboration with the Resource Development-Communication Manager, this Manager cultivates and stewards donor relationships through volunteer opportunities, especially with individual donors, but also may be involved with Board and corporate relationships.
Develop an appreciation celebration event that recognize the work of the volunteers at the end of the year.
Work with appropriate staff to make sure volunteer are oriented and trained for assignment or task to be performed.
Bachelor's degree preferred, experience in development, management and volunteering. Must be able to work flexible hours. Excellent communication skills. Must be computer literate and familiar with data base operations. Ability to work independently and record information correctly.
This is a non-paid position, we welcome retired development managers, event planners,etc.
Please send cover letter and resume with "Volunteer Manager" in the subject line to: Sharday Redmond to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.